Victorian National Parks AssociationMonday, 3 August 2020 - 9:00am to Wednesday, 30 September 2020 - 5:00pm
While we are all spending extra time at home, we can still experience and enjoy nature every day.
We’re compiling activities, ideas and resources to help you connect with and care for nature at home – perhaps you can have a wild adventure in your backyard or be a citizen scientist online!
- Practice identifying fish in our virtual Great Victorian Fish Count footage.
- Watch Victoria’s marine emblem the Weedy Seadragon swimming at Portsea Pier.
- Get a glimpse into our Communities Listening for Nature project video.
- See a different view of the forests of the central west with our digital art project.
- Marine National Parks Podcast – our six-part podcast series capturing the social history that led to the creation of the world-first system of marine national parks and sanctuaries in Victoria.
- Little Desert Podcast – our four-part podcast series revisiting the 1969 political dispute that put nature conservation and community consultation on the party-political agenda in Victoria.
And sign up for Nature at Home webinars.
Take action for the environment by sending emails and making submissions to decision makers.
Check out our Nature at Home page for more things to do.